Today kicks off National Volunteer Week and we want to thank our amazing volunteers for their dedication and hard work! We could not begin to reach the nearly 12,000 young women diagnosed each year without each and every one of YOU! Thank you!
Our volunteers are a fantastic mix of people—everyone from newly diagnosed women to long-term survivors; their co-survivors (including spouses, children, parents, friends and co-workers); and members of the community who want to ensure that no young woman faces breast cancer alone. The common thread that ties them all together is their passion for spreading the word about YSC. They share their stories, they represent YSC at health fairs and community events and they raise money to help further the mission. Our volunteers are an integral part of our successes and accomplishments.
Haven’t gotten involved yet? There are so many ways YOU can get involved and help ensure no young woman faces breast cancer alone. Join others just like you across the country as we educate, empower, support and raise awareness.
– (EASY) Spread awareness in your community: Host a YSC info table at a local health fair or community event, and help distribute YSC materials and resources to raise awareness.
– (EASY) Share Your Story: Tell your story at a local event to raise awareness and inspire others.
– (Leadership Role) Become a YSC State Leader: Serve as the key link between your local community (survivors, volunteers and healthcare providers) and the YSC Regional Field staff. Current applications are open until the end of April.
– (Leadership Role) RISE (Respected Influencers through Science and Education) Advocate: Be part of the next generation of educated breast cancer advocates. A three-year commitment includes advocacy training. Applications for the next class open this fall.
– (EASY) Share your story online: Every survivor has one, and sharing your story and advice offers hope to others.
– (EASY) Engage with the YSC Online Community: Join the conversation by participating and supporting women in our online forums.
– (EASY) Train to be a SurvivorLink volunteer: Serve as a peer mentor from the comfort of your home.
– (Leadership Role) YSC Face 2 Face Coordinator: Start a local networking and support group for survivors in your community. Health care providers are also welcome to become F2F Coordinators!
– (Easy) Join us for In Living Pink: The Art of Survival in NYC on May 20, 2016. The evening will feature artworks for auction by some of New York’s top artists, live performances, music, mingling and delicious food. Bid on auction items no matter where you live!
– (Easy) Catch the Congressional Women’s Softball Game: Get a ticket for just $10 and cheer on the women Members of Congress vs. the DC Press Corps in Washington D.C. on June 15, 2016 at 6 p.m.
– (Awe-Inspiring) Become a YSC Champion: Host a lemonade stand, celebrate a special milestone, run a marathon, organize a silent auction – the choices are nearly endless and all of them make you a champion of young women diagnosed with breast cancer.
– (Awe-Inspiring) Ride in YSC Tour de Pink: Join us for an incredible three-day bike ride with three different rides to choose from – East Coast, West Coast and South. The only question is – where will 200 miles take you?
Sign up to receive email updates when new volunteer opportunities become available in your area, and join our movement to start making a difference today.